Org. Setting and Reporting
The Internship is in the Outreach Division of the Department of Global Communications. It is for a period of two months with an opportunity for extension up to six months, depending on the needs of the division and availability of the candidate. The Outreach Division engages and educates people and their communities worldwide to encourage support for the ideals and activities of the United Nations.
The internship is unpaid and full-time.
Interns work five days a week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the office to which they are assigned.
The intern will assist one of the United Nations outreach programmes. The selected intern may perform some of the following functions:
- Assisting with planning and organization of conferences and other outreach activities
- Providing logistic support for the organization of public events, guided tours and briefings
- Conducting internet research on thematic issues
- Coordinating with special guests and VIPs
- Overseeing RSVP lists and volunteers
- Providing general office support (processing, drafting and finalizing correspondence and other communications; setting up and maintaining files/records, organizing meetings, etc.)
- Developing web content and web site maintenance
- Drafting, formatting, editing and posting original web site content/news stories, including graphics, photographs and video
- Maintaining databases
- Assisting with development and implementation of surveys