Org. Setting and Reporting
Created in December 1999, the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) is the designated focal point in the United Nations system for the coordination of efforts to reduce disasters and to ensure synergies among the disaster reduction activities of the United Nations and regional organizations and activities in both developed and less developed countries. Led by the United Nations Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Disaster Risk Reduction (SRSG), UNDRR has over 100 staff located in its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, and in regional offices. Specifically, UNDRR guides, monitors, analyses and reports on progress in the implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030, supports regional and national implementation of the Framework and catalyses action and increases global awareness to reduce disaster risk working with U.N. Member States and a broad range of partners and stakeholders, including civil society, the private sector, parliamentarians and the science and technology community.
The internship is for a period of two to six months depending on the needs of each office. The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Responsibilities will depend on the individual's background, the intern's assigned office as well as the internship period. Duties may include, but are not limited to
- Assist in the creation of project plans and estimating time on task for design work
- Assist in review of existing documentations of online systems (feedback, recommendation and maintenance)
- Assist in investigating reported bugs and issues of existing system
- Assist in coding new modules and methods, refactor existing modules, methods and codes
- Assist in the establishment/development of testing framework for applications
- Assist in work on coding/programming tasks to support the team’s development or maintenance of technical systems.
Click the button below to see the original job advertisement on the organization’s career page. You will get additional requirements and application details.