Org. Setting and Reporting
The internship with the Inter-organizational and Inter-institutional Support Branch (IISB) of the Office of Intergovernmental Support and Coordination for Sustainable Development (OISC) of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN-DESA) is for three to four months, with an opportunity for extension, pending the needs of the Department.
For more information, please see, https://www.un.org/ecosoc/en/node/454160
The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
IISB/OISC of UN-DESA is responsible for managing the website of ECOSOC and the High-level Political Forum (HLPF) for Sustainable Development. The Branch is responsible for providing information technology and communications services to the Division. It produces and manages content for the web as well as supports operations in the form of network administration and systems development.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background, the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting in maintaining the ECOSOC and HLPF website platform;
• Building and enhancing online modules used by ECOSOC and HLPF websites;
• Creating online data reporting tools;
• Using a range of technologies and frameworks such as Drupal, PHP, HTML, CSS, Java Script, Grails, and SQL databases;
• Providing support for presentations (powerpoint/videos) during the intergovernmental meetings;
• Performing other duties as assigned.
Click the button below to see the original job advertisement on the organization’s career page. You will get additional requirements and application details.