Org. Setting and Reporting
The mission of the United Nations Department of Operational Support (DOS) is to help Secretariat entities, including peace operations, departments and offices, succeed by providing rapid, effective, efficient and responsible support services. Its core services include supply chain management, operational human resources management, health-care management, support for uniformed capabilities, support to entities in special situations, information and communications technology (ICT) support, and UNHQ facility management.
The Office of the Under-Secretary-General of Operational Support provides direct executive and management support to DOS leadership. Our work covers DOS strategy, performance, and analytics; as well as communication, coordination, and external relations.
The internship is unpaid and full-time. Interns work five days per week (35 hours), with supervision and support of a staff member. Except for the summer periods, we also consider part-time internships.
Our interns work as full members of our team, pursue projects that are designed to make a significant difference in DOS, and have opportunities to learn about the United Nations overall. This internship focuses on Communications and Design:
• Design core identity products that illustrate corporate vision, mission and values
• Design and prepare content/copy for corporate briefings, presentations, fact sheets, snapshots, articles and other internal and external communications materials
• Support the development of web sites, including layout, content, look and feel
• Provide design support across a range of print and online products
• Support the development and implementation of larger communication strategies and efforts
Looking for applicants with some experience with graphic design, working with the Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. InDesign, Illustrator) and/or experience in building websites
Click the button below to see the original job advertisement on the organization’s career page. You will get additional requirements and application details.