Under the close supervision of the Chief Field Office, the incumbent will contribute to WASH Programme planning, administration, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Programme/project activities, including response to emergency situations and development activities. He/she's required a good teamwork, capacity building and networking.
How can you make a difference?
- Undertake field visits to UNICEF project sites for the participation in, or observation of project activities and local conditions. Prepares routine reports on results of visits and project progress, especially in regard with WASH infrastructures (Boreholes and latrines) and CLTS (community Led Total Sanitation) projects.
- Collect and assemble data and background information regarding WASH projects and provide updated information on project financial and administrative status for analysis and report purposes. Analyze Water, Hygiene and Sanitation project status and recommend appropriate adjustments for their sustainability. Prepare tables, graphs or other statistical data for technical review/monitoring purposes, regarding especially morbidity due to diarrhea.
- Facilitate at the regional level, sectoral orientation on the "Cluster Approach" and ensure leadership and coordination of the IASC WASH Cluster through preparedness and emergency response, whilst simultaneously ensuring delivery on the CCCs by the UNICEF WASH Programme.
- Monitor the flow of supply and non-supply assistance to local authorities. Draft supply and financial documentation. Collects and records information on supply/non-supply inventory, distribution and utilization.
- Contribute to ensure quality insurance of WASH activities. Investigate queries regarding authorization, delivery or payments and follows up with Finance, Administrative, Supply and Programme staff on processing of payments, advances to governments and liquidation of accounts. Ensure that activities are in accordance with plans of action.
- Communicate with counterpart local authorities on project details. Recommend courses of action to the supervisor. Undertake arrangements for visits to project sites for government and other partners, which include providing information and briefing on project activities and status.
- Drafts Programme budgets, ensuring accuracy and appropriateness of coding in accordance with PIDB system. Drafts and issues updated Drafts sections of donor, annual and other reports, as required by HQ. status reports.