Org. Setting and Reporting
The internship is in the Social Media Section of the News and Media Division of the Department of Global Communications. The section is responsible for social media activities of the Department of Global Communications and the integration of social media platforms, including social networking tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr and YouTube, which are critical component of the Department's communications
The internship is for three (3) months with an opportunity for extension up to six (6) months, depending on the needs of the Division and availability of the candidate.
The internship is unpaid and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Within delegated authority, the public information intern may be responsible for the following duties:
- Research, compile, draft and edit basic information for use in the preparation and production of social media content, often under tight deadlines.
- Monitor and analyze statistics related to social media content.
- Gather social media content at special events (film screenings, concerts, exhibits, etc.).
- Assist in the creation of original content for social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and LinkedIn.
- Attend meetings as an observer.
- Manage meeting agendas and draft meeting notes.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
Click the button below to see the original job advertisement on the organization’s career page. You will get additional requirements and application details.