Org. Setting and Reporting
The position is located in the Communications and Results Reporting Section (CRRS) of the United Nations Development Coordination Office (DCO) Headquarters in New York.
In its resolution A/RES/72/279, the United Nations General Assembly endorsed the transformation of DCO as stand-alone coordination office within the United Nations Secretariat. The new DCO assumes managerial and oversight functions of the Resident Coordinator System (RCS) under the collective ownership of the members of the United Nations Sustainable Development Group (UNSDG). The RCS encompasses all organizations of the United Nations system dealing with operational activities for development, regardless of their formal presence in the country.
The internship is for six (6) months at maximum and UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (35-40 hours) under the direct supervision of a staff member in CRRS.
The Intern may be responsible for the following duties:
• Identifying, researching, drafting and editing content (text, photos, documents and multimedia) for online publication (website and social media);
• Maintaining content on websites, official social media accounts and other official digital communication outlets presences according to established policies;
• Entering and reviewing information utilised on data-sharing and knowledge management platforms utilised across the Resident Coordinator System;
• Creating and editing infographics or social videos for posting on official digital communication outlets;
• Contribute to strategies for more effective audience engagement across digital channels;
• Assisting in posting content on knowledge management platforms and community of practice utilised by the Section;
• Assisting in optimising websites for correctness, accessibility and search engine performance;
• Contributing ideas to projects for enhancing the reach of official digital communication outlets, identifying opportunities to reach a wider audience;
• Monitoring the usage of website and social media accounts using analytics and other statistical tools and techniques;
• Media monitoring, fact-checking and related research work for stories from the Resident Coordinator System;
• Maintaining and updating media and subscription mailing lists for the Section and assisting in distributing various information products;
• Perform other related duties, as required.
Click the button below to see the original job advertisement on the organization’s career page. You will get additional requirements and application details.