Org. Setting and Reporting
This internship is within the External Relations and Communications (ERC) Section of the Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA - unescwa.org). The intern reports directly to the Public Information Assistants.
The duration of an ESCWA internship is normally two months on a full-time basis - this may be exceptionally extended for a maximum period of six months. The internship certificate is awarded on the recommendation of the supervisor.
Interns are not financially remunerated by the United Nations. Costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of interns or their sponsoring institutions. The United Nations accepts no responsibility for the medical insurance of the intern or costs arising from injury, illness or death that may occur during an internship. Applicants for internship must show proof of valid medical insurance coverage to cover the full period of the internship at the duty station and provide a medical certificate of good health prior to the commencement of the internship. The United Nations accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to personal effects that may occur during the internship. Interns work five days per week under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background, the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
1. Assisting in drafting and preparing press releases;
2. Assisting in reporting for news stories;
3. Attending and assisting in covering conferences and meetings;
4. Taking photos at conferences and events;
5. Supporting production and design of audiovisual multimedia content;
6. Preparing posts for social media platforms;
7. Compiling social media analytics and trends;
8. Researching issues related to the work of the Commission;
9. Media monitoring and analysis;
10. Assisting in other ad-hoc activities as instructed.
Click the button below to see the original job advertisement on the organization’s career page. You will get additional requirements and application details.