Org. Setting and Reporting
The internship in the Partnerships Unit, News and Media Division (NMD), Department of Global Communications, is for a minimum of three (3) months, with an opportunity for extension to a maximum of six (6) months, depending on the needs of the department and availability of the intern. The Partnerships Unit is the marketing, promotion, and distribution office for the products and services which NMD produces. This includes placement of UN media products on various media platforms and other outlets both traditional and non-traditional; production and dissemination of promotional materials for NMD products and services; presence at high-level events, conferences, local and international media markets; and analytical and statistical reports on usage of NMD products.
The internship is UNPAID and is full-time.
Interns work for five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of the Chief, Partnerships Unit.
The intern will work in a team-oriented environment to conduct research on various topics related to the marketing and promotion of UN media products and services to world broadcasters and other types of outlets with the objective of bringing more partnerships, especially in Arabic-, French- and Spanish-speaking regions. He/She will provide assistance on various projects, from contributing ideas during an initial phase to putting those ideas into action and following up with action plans. The tasks assigned may include:
- Identifying and contacting potential media outlet clients for UN News content and UN Video programmes with the aim of securing broadcast/dissemination partnerships;
- Assisting in identifying and compiling a list of social media influencers interested in helping to amplify UN communication campaign messages;
- Researching and identifying opportunities for strategic partnerships to enlarge the audience for UN-produced media products;
- Assisting in the preparation for special events which may take place during the internship period, including organizing promotional materials for distribution;
- Researching, analyzing, and reporting information on assigned topics/issues from diverse sources;
- Drafting letters and email messages, compiling promotional kits, etc.
Click the button below to see the original job advertisement on the organization’s career page. You will get additional requirements and application details.