Org. Setting and Reporting
The IDD/ ICT and Development Section internship is for two months with an opportunity for extension up to six months, if required by the division.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual's background and the intern's assigned office as well as the internship period. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide research assistance to members of the team on various issues related to ICT and development (various issues linked to ICT include disaster risk reduction, environment, education, gender, statistics, innovative technologies among others).
- Research, compile, process and present data on ICT for development in Asia-Pacific, including Countries with Special Needs (LDCs, LLDCs and SIDS). This may include using econometric and economic modeling approaches to assess the impact of ICT on development.
- Prepare updates for the ESCAP website on ICT indicators and other work of the Section.
- Carry out desk and library research on selected ICT and development issues. Prepare short drafts on specific issues as indicated by the supervisors.
- Conduct general research related to disaster risk management in the Asian and Pacific region, as well as on Space applications and development.
- Support the organization of inter-governmental meetings, which may include drafting memos, contacting meeting participants, creating spreadsheets, maintaining calendars, and other administrative tasks.
- Carry out other tasks as required by the Section and the Division.
Click the button below to see the original job advertisement on the organization’s career page. You will get additional requirements and application details.