Org. Setting and Reporting
The internship is located in the Geneva Branch of the United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA), Geneva, Switzerland. For more information on the work of the UNODA, please refer to https://www.un.org/disarmament.
This internship advertisement is to fill IT internship positions on a rolling basis, potentially starting as of mid-August 2020 until at least spring 2021.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time. The initial duration of this internship is for at least three months and can be extended up to six months, depending on the needs of the Branch (please indicate your earliest possible starting date and availability timeframe in your cover letter).
The intern will have the opportunity to contribute to a major IT migration project of UNODA and gain practical knowledge and understanding on the project, resources planning, implementation, and operation of United Nations global information and communications technology.
Interns will work five days per week (40 hours) under the direct supervision of the internship coordinator of the UN Office for Disarmament Affairs, Geneva Branch.
Under the direct supervision of the internship coordinator and working closely with various members of the Branch, the intern will be expected to:
- Assist in the IT migration project of the Branch, including the migration of webpages and other webcontent, the establishment of a restricted access web-portal, as well as IT maintenance tasks.
- Facilitate the conduct of webinars (i.a. WebEx, MS Teams);
- Prepare training materials and educate clients on related IT topics;
- Assist in other IT functions as necessary; and
- Perform other duties as required.
Click the button below to see the original job advertisement on the organization’s career page. You will get additional requirements and application details.