Org. Setting and Reporting
The Social Development Division/ Sustainable Demographic Transition Section internship is for 2-6 months.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the Sustainable Demographic Transition Section.
The Social Development Division consists of three sections namely: 1) Sustainable Demographic Transition Section (SDTS); 2) Sustainable Socio-economic Transformation Section (SETS) and 3) Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Section (GESIS), covering the thematic areas of inequality and social protection, population dynamics, ageing, migration, gender equality, disability and youth.
The Sustainable Demographic Transition Section (SDTS) monitors and analyses trends and formulates policy options to address population and development issues of concern to Asian and Pacific Member States, including ageing, international migration and youth.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background and assigned office, as well as the internship period. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Undertaking literature reviews, analysis and compilation of data from secondary sources on: population trends and demographic changes and their implications on sustainable development; international migration; population ageing and its impact on sustainable development, including access to social protection for older persons and the rights of older persons; and engaging youth in implementing the 2030 Agenda.
• Assisting in organizing meetings, including attending to all relevant preparations.
• Reviewing working papers and reports for accuracy and clarity, and editing, if required.
• Developing audio-visual materials, i.e. PowerPoint presentations or info charts, to communicate policy messages to non-technical audiences.
• Performing other duties as might be assigned by staff concerned and/or the Chief of Section.
Click the button below to see the original job advertisement on the organization’s career page. You will get additional requirements and application details.