Org. Setting and Reporting
The Information and Communications Technology and Disaster Risk Reduction Division/ Space Applications Section (SAS) internship is for 2-6 months.
The internship is unpaid and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
For more information on the work of the section, please refer to: http://www.unescap.org/idd/sas.asp
Under SAS, daily responsibilities will depend on the individual's background and the intern's assigned office as well as the internship period. The intern will be working within a dynamic team and depending on the intern's background experience, education, skills and interests, duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist research on frontier and innovative technology applications for implementing Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), with a particular focus on use of geospatial information, aerial imagery, mapping, and space spin-off technologies;
- Assist the analysis on co-relation between space technology applications, and other development sectors such as poverty reduction, inequality, food security, resilient building management, resource management and infrastructure development;
- Assist the preliminary research for drafting a regional report including country profiles on geospatial policy, information service and economy, frontier technology development and applications;
- Provide logistical support to meetings and events being organized by the section/division;
- Assist in the development and delivery of training and learning events and other capacity development initiatives for Disaster Risk Reduction and Sustainable Development;
- Collect images, sound bites, quotes and other media products for inclusion in the division’s advocacy work;
- Provide support in updating the related website and e-learning portal with relevant material; and
- Support the team in their day-to-day activities and tasks.
Click the button below to see the original job advertisement on the organization’s career page. You will get additional requirements and application details.