Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Secretary-General is responsible for the investment of the assets of the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF). The Secretary-General has delegated this responsibility to the Representative of the Secretary-General for the investment of the assets of the UNJSPF (RSG). The RSG heads the Office of Investment Management (OIM), which manages a $60+ billion multi-asset class, global investment portfolio, about 85% of which is actively managed in-house. Asset classes under management comprise global equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, private equity, real estate, infrastructure, timber and commodities. OIM’s staff are all based in New York but come from over 30 countries. For more information please visit OIM's website at https://oim.unjspf.org/.
This position is located in External Manager Team. The incumbent reports to the Deputy Director of Global Equities.
Within delegated authority, the Investment Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
• Follows OIM’s External Management Policy and scopes of work including investment objectives, universe, and benchmark for the specific mandates;
• Monitors the performance of the External Managers regularly in a comprehensive manner quantitatively and qualitatively;
• Participates in and documents periodic portfolio review meetings with external managers to ensure that they comply with investment requirements to deliver the highest level of quality services;
• Supports the team to Prepares presentations and drafts reports on the performance and attributions of the externally managed portfolio monthly/quarterly for review;
• Analyzes the universe of the external managers through rigorous quantitative approach by using the external funds database and engaging in other research activities to help identify a subset of external managers to be further considered for hiring;
• Participates as a panel member of manager searches to evaluate prospective managers and conduct due-diligence, ensuring a high level of accountability and transparency;
• Supports the team to derive a conclusion in recommending the most suitable set of external managers with regards to investments strategy in order to meet the objectives for the Fund while avoiding undue risks;
• Assists with drafting the recommendation report upon the completion of a manager search, supported with exhibits documenting the thorough quantitative analyzes and process;
• Drafts investment reports accurately, comprehensively, and timely to the Representative of the Secretary-General for the Investments of the UNJSPF, and Director when requested on Investments and related matters to governing bodies including the UNJSPB, the Fifth Committee, BOA and OIOS;
• Performs related assignments or ad-hoc projects and collaborates with other teams as required.
Click the button below to see the original job advertisement on the organization’s career page. You will get additional requirements and application details.