Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. The overall objective of UNEP's Economy Division is to encourage decision-makers in government, local authorities and industry to develop and adopt policies, strategies and practices and technologies that promote sustainable patterns of consumption and production, make efficient use of natural resources, ensure safe management of chemicals and contribute to making trade and environment policies mutually supportive. The One Planet network is the implementation mechanism for sustainable development goal 12 and has formed to implement the 10 Year Framework of Programmes on Sustainable Consumption and Production. It is s a multi-stakeholder partnership across stakeholder groups and regions, composed of 700+ partners, including national and local governments, civil society, businesses, scientific and technical organisations, and international organisations. The One Planet network leads the shift to sustainable consumption and production, by setting the agenda and providing tools and solutions to deliver on SDG12.
The position is located in the Economy Division, Secretariat of 10 Year Framework of Programmes on Sustainable Consumption and Production, One Planet network, Paris duty station. Under the supervision of the Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
• Undertakes monitoring and survey initiatives on the shift to sustainable consumption and production; designs data collection tools; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
• Researches and analyzes data trends on the shift to sustainable consumption and production and presents information gathered from diverse sources to inform reports to the High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development, strategy reviews, partnerships and multi-stakeholder collaboration or other
• Assists in policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies.
• Prepares various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
• Reviews, suggests and implements improvements to the indicators on the shift to sustainable consumption and production, including in terms of data, metadata, reporting platforms, trainings, functionality and partner organisation and country coverage
• Participates in UN interagency efforts to enhance and streamline methodology and data for sustainable development goal 12 indicators.
• Undertakes outreach activities on SDG 12 and sustainable consumption and productions indicators; conducts training workshops, seminars, etc.; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
• Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects, etc.; monitors and analyzes programme/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
• Provides substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
• Coordinates activities related to budget and funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
• Performs other duties as required.
Click the button below to see the original job advertisement on the organization’s career page. You will get additional requirements and application details.