Org. Setting and Reporting
Internship for the Spain and Andorra Desk at the United Nations Regional Information Center (UNRIC).
UNRIC represents the United Nations Department of Global Communication in Western Europe, supports the United Nations agencies in Brussels and cooperates with the European institutions.
The Center is organized in nine geographic and thematic areas, covers 21 countries in Western Europe and works in 13 languages. The Spain and Andorra Desk works together with all the relevant agents of the socities of the two countries - public institutions, Government, private sector, non-governmental organizations, civil society and the media. Our mission is to inform and involve the Spanish and Spanish-speaking people on major themes and causes of the United Nations.
The Center produces communication materials, supports partners with communications campaigns and events organization and answers questions from the public on all matters related to the Organization and its campaigns.
The Internship lasts 6 months and takes place at the UNRIC office in Brussels. (The internship may take place remotely if sanitary conditions require it).
The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of the head of the Spain and Andorra Desk office. The intern reports to the Desk Officer.
• Media monitoring; daily monitoring of the Spanish and Andorran press;
• Assisting with maintaining content on websites, official social media accounts and other official digital communication outlets;
• Assisting in organizing events in Belgium, Spain and Andorra;
• Contributing ideas to projects for enhancing the reach of official digital communication outlets, identifying opportunities to reach a wider audience;
• Monitoring the usage of website and social media accounts using analytics and other statistical tools and techniques;
• Perform other related duties, as required.
Click the button below to see the original job advertisement on the organization’s career page. You will get additional requirements and application details.