Org. Setting and Reporting
The Asian and Pacific Training Centre for Information and Communication Technology for Development (APCICT) was inaugurated on 16 June 2006 as a regional institute of Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), and is located in Incheon, Republic of Korea. Guided by the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and other internationally agreed development goals, the Centre’s objective is to build and strengthen the capacity of members and associate members of ESCAP to leverage information and communication (ICT) for the purpose of socio-economic development. APCICT’s work is focused on training, knowledge sharing, and multi-stakeholder dialogue and partnership.
The Asian and Pacific Training Centre for Information and Communication Technology for Development (APCICT/ESCAP) internship is for 2 months with an opportunity for extension up to 6 months, pending on the needs of the department.
The internship is UNPAID and fulltime.
Interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide assistance in improving the functionality of the website and e-learning portal
- Support the development e-learning content by using relevant software applications
- Undertake various researches as directed by the Supervisor by collecting, analyzing and presenting statistical data and other information gathered from diverse sources
- Assist in administrative and substantive support to meetings and conferences, preparation of background documents and presentations, handling logistics etc
- Provide support for computer information systems and applications;
- Perform other duties as directed by the Supervisor.
Click the button below to see the original job advertisement on the organization’s career page. You will get additional requirements and application details.