Org. Setting and Reporting
The Environment and Development Division, Sustainable Urban Development Section internship is for 2 months with an opportunity for extension up to 6 months, if required by the division.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
The Sustainable Urban Development Section works with member States and key stakeholders to promote sustainable and inclusive urban development in Asia and the Pacific through a programme of work focused on: (i) developing and disseminating knowledge products that foster enhanced awareness and informed decision-making; (ii) providing technical assistance and supporting capacity development; (iii) strengthening intergovernmental processes; and (iv) networking and partnership development, among others.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background and the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
1. Provide succinct analysis of current and emerging issues and trends of urban development processes in the Asia-Pacific region (30%)
2. Conduct research and identify case studies on urban policies and programmes and their impact on inclusive, sustainable and resilient development in the Asia-Pacific region (30%)
3. Assist with various tasks linked to organizational and substantive dimensions of programme and project implementation (20%)
4. If applicable, provide support to organize and conduct meetings relevant to the work of the section, including the drafting of documents, preparation for and backstopping of Intergovernmental meetings, and follow-up activities (10%)
5. Participate in day-to-day operational tasks of the Section, such as servicing requests for information, support for developing presentations, updating of web pages on the section’s work etc (10%)
Click the button below to see the original job advertisement on the organization’s career page. You will get additional requirements and application details.