Org. Setting and Reporting
The position is located in the Syria Office of the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), based in Beirut. The incumbent reports to the Representative or his designee.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
1) Collects and independently analyses information pertaining to human rights, including transitional justice and rule of law matters in Syria from a variety of sources including new actors in economic, social and cultural rights. Reviews and analyses reports by media, Government, NGOs and National Institutions. Seeks information from various sources in relation to priority areas of the Office work.
2) Participates in the preparation and implementation of human rights activities and programmes for strengthening the capacity of civil society, UN regional organizations and government agencies on the promotion and protection of human rights including economic, social, and cultural rights.
3) Drafts and translates reports and correspondence related human rights including economic, social and cultural rights, as well as rule of law and transitional justice matters.
4) Participates in meetings and consultations and liaises with various partners.
5) Performs other related duties as required.
Interested candidates can obtain a list of advice and practical tools compiled into a step-by-step guide. It is aimed at helping candidates improve their CV drafting skills and increase their chances of success when applying to the position.