Org. Setting and Reporting
The UN Global Compact offers internship opportunities in its New York office. The UN Global Compact Office is the UN entity responsible for the overall management and coordination of the Global Compact initiative, including the management of the Global Compact’s name and logo, and the Global Compact Integrity Measures.
The UN Global Compact pursues two complementary objectives:
(1) making the Global Compact and its principles part of business strategy and operations everywhere; and
(2) facilitating cooperation among key stakeholders by promoting partnerships and other collective action in support of UN goals.
To promote its 10 principles, the Global Compact also undertakes work on a range of corporate sustainability issues. Official UN Global Compact internships are offered for a minimum of 3 months, with a possibility of extension to 6 months. The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a relevant staff member of the UN Global Compact.
Depending on their level of experience and training, UN Global Compact interns will:
- Conduct research relating to the topic of corporate sustainability;
- Draft and edit publications, papers and other documents;
- Liaise with Global Compact stakeholders on key corporate sustainability topics;
- Support the organization of meetings and events;
- Assist with outreach activities;
- Handle email and other inquiries;
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned.
Learn more about different teams you could join in the Global Compact:
When you apply for your UN Global Compact internship on Inspira, and as a requirement, PLEASE STATE IN YOUR COVER LETTER THE TEAM(S) you would have a preference to work with, and the reasons as to WHY you are the best candidate (Failure to do so may put you at a disadvantage from other applicants). Also please state when is your earliest availability to start the internship. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates can obtain a list of advice and practical tools compiled into a step-by-step guide. It is aimed at helping candidates improve their CV drafting skills and increase their chances of success when applying to the position.