Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in the Strategic Workforce Planning Section and Diversity and Outreach Section in the Strategic Talent Management Service (STMS), Global Strategy and Policy Division (GSPD), Office of Human Resources (OHR), Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance (DMSPC). The position is in the area of data analysis and data science. The incumbent will report to a Management Analyst or a Human Resources Officer.
The internship is for at least two months with an opportunity for extension, depending on the needs of the department.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work up to five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the Office of Human Resources.
Under the supervision of team leaders, the following are examples of the incumbent's duties:
1. Performs data analytics of human resources data for reporting to senior management, departments, offices, missions, and legislative bodies;
2. Cleans and organizes raw data, uses descriptive statistics to get a big-picture view of the data, analyzes trends found, creates visualizations of workforce data;
3. Prepares presentations and other forms of communications;
4. Prepares and documents of meetings and workshops;
5. Researches, analyses and synopses of external workforce-related studies, including studies on the future of work;
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates can obtain a list of advice and practical tools compiled into a step-by-step guide. It is aimed at helping candidates improve their CV drafting skills and increase their chances of success when applying to the position.