Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants may be requested to undertake the internship remotely in view of constraints regarding visa issuance, international travel and access to UN premises. Applicants must be willing and prepared to undertake the internship remotely for a part or the entirety of the internship.
The UN-Habitat Donor Relations and Strategic Resource Partnerships internship is for 6 months.
The Internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual's background; the intern's assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the direct supervision of the Donor Relations & Strategic Resource Partnerships, the intern will:
- Support the development of agency wide consistent and coherent tools for resource mobilization (developing an internal policy guidance notes ex. “Do’s and Don’ts of Resource Mobilization”);
- Help to coordinate joint efforts to mobilize resources, map interests of potential donors, initiate contract with new and emerging partners to explore funding opportunities and develop strategic partnerships in line with defined priorities of UN-Habitat’s Strategic Plan 2020-2023 and new flagship programmes;
- Support the coordination of joint efforts to mobilize resources, map interests of potential donors, initiate contract with new and emerging partners to explore funding opportunities and develop
partnerships in line with defined priorities of UN-Habitat’s Strategic Plan 2020-2023 and new flagship programmes;
- Assist in the preparation of outputs e.g. concept notes, background papers, technical papers, and other documentation that may be necessary, drafts communications related to these.
- Support the team in drafting reports and substantively editing of key documents prepared by team members.
- Assist in planning and organization of meetings or substantive presentations;
- Support organization of preparatory material for Donor Relations meetings, e.g. Executive Board Foundations, Private Sector meetings etc.
- Perform other tasks as required;
Interested candidates can obtain a list of advice and practical tools compiled into a step-by-step guide. It is aimed at helping candidates improve their CV drafting skills and increase their chances of success when applying to the position.