Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Board of Auditors (the Board) comprises of the Auditor-Generals of Germany, Chile and China who are mandated to conduct audits of the United Nations and its funds and programmes.
This internship opportunity is in the Secretariat of the Board with minimum of two months and possible extension depending on the needs. Interns work up to five days per week -35 hours and UNPAID. The selected intern will be reporting directly to the Executive Secretary of the Board.
Under the supervision of the Executive Secretary or a staff member of the Board of Auditors Secretariat the intern will:
• Perform ad-hoc tasks related to audits of the United Nations, its Funds and Programmes;
• Attend and summarize conferences and meetings;
• Assist in organising the annual sessions of the Board of Auditors;
• Perform research tasks and draft documents as needed;
• Compile statistics and prepare tables as needed;
• Perform ad hoc tasks as needed.
Interested candidates can obtain advice and practical tools compiled into a step-by-step guide. It is aimed at helping candidates improve their CV drafting skills and increase their chances of success when applying to the position.