Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in the Human Resources Section of the United Nations Support Office for Somalia (UNSOS). The Human Resources Officer will be based in Nairobi and reports to Chief, Staff Selection Unit and Chief, Human Resources Officer.
Within delegated authority, the Human Resources Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
RECRUITMENT AND PLACEMENT:
• Identifies upcoming vacancies in coordination with client offices.
• Prepares vacancy announcements, reviews applications, and provides a short-list to those offices.
• Arranges and conducts interviews to select candidates.
• Reviews recommendation on the selection of candidate by client offices.
• Serves as ex-officio in appointment and promotion bodies, examinations boards, and prepares and presents cases to these bodies.
• Prepares job offers for successful candidates.
• Monitors and evaluates recruitment and placement related activities of client offices, and recommends changes or corrections related to procedures to these offices.
• Supervises and monitors the work of the Human Resources staff in the direct unit.
•Providing guidance and direction to Assistants in carrying out all human resources administrative transactions including review of staffing tables to identify vacancies
• Maintain human resources information systems, including constant update and generation of information and reports for use by management;
•Plans, organizes, develops, coordinates and administers substantive assessment tests and other tests related to recruitment of professional, general service and other categories of staff.
•Contributes to the development of a set of actionable and targeted change management plans, including coaching and training in order to implement these responsibilities and reports on possible gaps and risks.
• Provides advice and support to managers and staff on human resources related matters.
• Prepares special reports and participates and/or leads special human resources project.
• Keeps abreast of developments in various areas of human resources.