The Secretariat of the WTO is seeking to fill the position of Training Officer in the Geneva-based Courses Unit (GBCU) of the Institute for Training and Technical Cooperation (ITTC).
Under the overall guidance of the Director of the Institute for Training and Technical Cooperation (ITTC) and the direct supervision of the Head of the Geneva-based Courses Unit (GBCU) of the Course Design and Training Section, the incumbent will undertake the following functions:
1. Help in the design of training activities in accordance with the Progressive Learning Strategy (PLS) by conceiving and developing materials and sessions, including in the context of collaboration with other ITTC Units or WTO Divisions.
2. Take part in the delivery of training in accordance with the PLS by lecturing participants, tutoring, and conducting revision sessions, including in response to specific enquiries by participants.
3. Lead the participants in study tours and visits in Geneva and/or elsewhere.
4. Assist in the development of training evaluation tools and methods used to implement Results-Based Management and contribute as appropriate to the monitoring and evaluation of ITTC's activities.
5. Take part in the organization and coordination of the Geneva-based Technical Cooperation activities for which other Divisions provide support on substance.
6. Contribute to the work of the Course Design and Training Section by taking part, as required, in the design and delivery of the ITTC's E-learning programme and of the Regional Trade Policy Courses.
7. Perform any other relevant tasks as requested, such as helping in the preparation of the Technical Assistance and Training Plan and of other documents on specific matters.