The temporary position is located in the Technology Management Services (TMS) Branch within the Information and Technology Management Department (INFOTEC). INFOTEC provides modern, secure, and reliable IT infrastructure, technologies, applications and services to enable the ILO to effectively use technology to perform its mission.
TMS conceptualizes, delivers, and supports the technology required by clients to work effectively. TMS focuses on reducing risk, enabling mobile and productive staff, and identifying efficient and effective solutions to meet the demands of clients.
The temporary position will provide support for the end user computing environment at ILO headquarters, with a particular focus on the provision of Office 365, End Point Manager and Active Directory expertise.
The temporary position will report to the TMS Head of User Support Services.
1. Using tools such as Endpoint manager, configure and support the deployment of the desktop operating system and applications to ILO user end points (laptops, desktops, smartphone, tablets).
2. Evaluate the evolution of the Office 365 application offerings with a view to identifying which ones are relevant for the Office. Provide, manage, monitor, and decommission Office 365 related services following established change and release management processes.
3. Fulfil the role of the Technology Management Service “Office 365” expert. Coordinate with fellow IT team members in troubleshooting issues experienced with Office 365 services providing assistance in a timely and professional manner. Provide second level support for resolving Office 365 incident and service requests
4. Create and maintain Office 365 related group policies, standard operating procedures and technical documentation for project and services associated with end point.
5. Provide expertise and assistance with migration projects including SharePoint 2016 to SharePoint online, network drive to OneDrive and Skype for Business to Teams
6. Develop user guides and training materials for educating end-users on Office 365 capabilities and collaboration tools (OneDrive, Skype for Business, Teams, OneNote, Outlook and other relevant online applications), analyse the new features to see which ones are relevant for users.
7. Write Powershell scripts to perform functions such as Office 365 administration and reporting. Execute automated test runs.
8. Prepare and conduct presentations about desktop hardware and software. Provide high level advice and demonstrate relevant technologies to users, organise the development of user guides and training materials
9. Following the guidance of the supervisor, define technical Terms of Reference, and qualitative and quantitative evaluation criteria for relevant request for proposals and procurement processes.
10. Perform other relevant duties as assigned.