The ISOCS Membership and External Relations team (MER) is the focal point for ISO members and partner organizations. The team nurtures effective relations (a) with members with a view to maximizing the value of their membership in ISO, and (b) with external organizations with a view to engaging them in ISO’s activities as appropriate and promoting the value of ISO and its programmes.
- We support members by bringing all ISO opportunities into a single membership package, to strengthen and maximize participation according to national need. We work with the various units within ISO Central Secretariat to ensure members maximize their engagement and fulfil their obligations as part of the worldwide ISO community;
- We help build relations between and among members, and with other relevant organizations where advantageous to ISO members;
- We administer ISO membership in accordance with ISO statutes and rules.
Starting in 2021, colleagues in the Membership and External Relations team will work closely with members and partners in one of four regions. This vacancy is for the post that will support members and engage with partners in Europe and Central Asia.
Within your region and with guidance from senior members of the team:
- Build and maintain close relationships with ISO member National Standards Bodies and partner organizations;
- Seek opportunities for ISO representation (by the President, Secretary-General, other high-level representative) at member or partner events, as well as courtesy visits to members and partners by the Secretary-General as appropriate. Prepare the associated briefing materials accordingly;
- Maintain effective engagement with units within the ISO Central Secretariat including Standards Development and Policy, Capacity-Building, Research and Innovation and other units as applicable with a view to effectively conveying developments to members and developing their interest in participating in ISO programmes and activities;
- Exchange views on the effectiveness of existing initiatives and ideas for future initiatives within the team, especially with colleagues supporting other regions, to gauge what works, what could be adapted, and additional synergies to form connections between members.
- Gain recognition as trusted advisor to members and focal point for both member and partner inquiries;
- Participate in the preparation and maintenance of engagement plans to (a) build, maintain and grow relationships with members, and (b) expand their engagement in ISO programmes;
- Host remote meetings (monthly sessions) with members (one-on-one or as a group) by identifying suitable topics for discussion, recruiting speakers, designing appropriate materials, ensuring follow-up and developing effective interaction between members;
- Regularly conduct analysis of the quality and success of engagement, and level of member satisfaction; monitor member performance, organizational changes, reports and related media, on a continual basis.
- Respond to inquiries from members and partners and in a timely manner;
- Manage membership applications, upgrades, transfers of membership and changes in member personnel in accordance with the ISO Statutes, Rules of Procedure and decisions taken by ISO Council;
- Manage the development and renewal of agreements with partner organizations including the assessment of the engagement (in line with guidance provided by ISO Council), collecting and assessing feedback from affected parties and engaging the partner organization in appropriate discussions.
Report to: Head of Membership and External Relations