Seeking Project Officer(s) in charge of Youth Career Programs
Mission and responsibilities
We are looking for Projects Officers with relevant experience who will make a critical contribution to the development of our initiative by sourcing, adding, and analyzing youth career programs offered by organizations of the aid and development sector (UN agencies and INGOs).
- Research internship and entry-level programs opened to young professionals interested in launching their career in the aid and development sector
- Draft presentations of youth career programs offered by UN agencies and major INGOs. Suggest an innovative and interactive approach to build engagement from young professionals.
- Manage various databases with a view to generating metrics on career programs available to young professionals interested in a career in aid and development: paid/unpaid internship, young professionals-friendly organizations etc.
- Write reports on the state of young professionals employment in organizations of the aid and development sector for publication on AidCareers information hub (e.g., blog page, newsletters)
Degree in the field of communications or aid and development related field preferred (e.g. international relations, project management, law, HR, etc.)
Excellent Excel and data entry report skills
Excellent research and analytical skills
What do we offer
Volunteering is a two-way street: you make us shine as much as we make YOU shine!
This is what we offer:
- Opportunity to improve the lives of those affected by disaster and poverty by building the next generation of aid and development workers.
- Build or expand your writer portfolio in the exciting, rewarding and meaningful sector of aid and development
- For those with an HR background, especially in the aid and development sector, start become an authority in the field of young staff development
- Receive free coaching by an HR specialist of the aid and development career (e.g. CV writing, career strategy)
AidCareers is a unique platform aimed at helping young professionals build a meaningful career in the aid and development sector. Since 2018, our core mission is to provide students, young graduates, entry-, and mid-level professionals with tools to support them throughout their career:
- a job board listing vacancies from all around the world with organizations from the United Nations system, other international organizations/NGOs, and European institutions;
- a training directory giving them access to online and in-class programs to improve their knowledge and skills;
- an information hub where they can get insights about aid and development work and tips to improve their applications.
For more information, please visit our platform: https://aidcareers.org
* * * * *
If you are interested in helping us create fun and fascinating content for young professionals and basically anyone interested in knowing more about the aid and development sector - we would love to hear from you!
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org